Monday, July 5, 2010

Hack and Stab



Boy: You like violence...

You: No. I'm interested what propels people to become violent.
Boy: Have you watched snuff films?
You: The closest ones are those Hostel movies. I was able to watch the first and the sequel. I was bothered when I saw that woman who was hanged on top of a bathtub and another one came, slitted the throat of the hanged one and bathed on the blood. What insanity has arrested such minds?
Boy: You got aroused...
You: No, I got revolted!
Boy: What would you do with such knowledge on human behavior?
You: I could tell my friends to guard their kids on becoming monsters due to exposure to violence and to be there in suggesting on what things to deal with...
Boy: You were exposed to Peter Straub's "Julia"?
You: Yes. It's one of my favorite books. I read it when I was still in college. I could not forget that scene when Julia stabbed her doll continuously. She eventually started killing little animals...
Boy: Is this a real-life issue? It seems you're so engrossed with it...
You: There are no records about serial killers of sorts... but violence at home existed long before. There are husbands who see their wives as their properties and some parents are making their children as objects. Violence is universal...
Boy: What do you think is the root?
You: Of violence? I think it's anger rooted from power and selfishness. When people would only consider themselves devoid of empathy... Basically, violence stems from evil.
Boy: Are we capable of being violent?
You: Of course. That's why we have to guard ourselves from immersing to too much anger caused by emotional hang-ups and setbacks.
Boy: So, you'd continue exposing yourself from such...evil? What if you'd see it as a norm?
You: That's the reason films and TV shows are being reviewed by the authorities to be classified if they are for General Patronage, Parental Guidance, Restricted or X...
Boy: So onward violence?
You: No, Stop Violence! We have to constantly monitor the micro and macro activities of our society since we are part of it... then do something about them for the common good.

(photo: wildaboutmovies.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment