Monday, March 24, 2014

Vanished


                                                              ( www.dailysatr.co.uk)

And that's it? After the harrowing moments of waiting if they're safe or not, someone would call a press conference and tell the families that Malaysian Airlines Flight 370  ended its flight at the Indian Ocean! There were wails of denial and anger. For how could one's love one just vanish in thin air? Meaning, they could not see their father/mother/sister/brother/husband/wife for the rest of their lives because of an unexplained reason?

Putting on the shoes of the family members who cling for hope, one could not imagine the mixture of emotions to whirl inside the mind and the heart of that person. A major glitch from the routine of life could do a lot of damage to the human psyche...

But what really happened? As the continuing saga of the plane's search, I really got into a lot of thinking and speculations. I remembered being glued to the TV screen as I did a marathon on that hit series LOST. For one summer I got so interested on the plight of the passengers of the fictitious Ocenia plane which crashed on an island that could not be tracked by any electronic device. For hours, I flinched on top of my bed and got boggled with the twists and turns of the story.

There were also speculations of alien interventions. Again, I got so interested with the concept since up to now, the idea of extra-terrestrial presence is still an on-going discussion of the scientific groups. The episodes of the much-loved X-FILES then visited on my conscious mind as the theme by Mark Snow soundtrack my thoughts...

But the more the search for the missing plane continued, the more my heart went to the waiting families. What if one of the members of my family was one of the passengers? What would be my reaction when I hear an authority telling me that "the flight of that plane ended and there's no chance of life?"

Then, there are bloggers who continue to mislead the readers giving more confusion to the chaos created by the mishap. What motivates them? Giving false hope to the families and even making fun of the situation...

Life is short. We better see the brighter side and live more. 




No comments:

Post a Comment