Monday, November 3, 2014

Why Not Lady in Red?


                                     (photo:www.wattpad.com)
I forgot it was Halloween. I was wondering why TV was focused on these things caught on camera which eventually are reflections of sorts. But it would never fail to fascinate me when a White Lady is being described. First, why do these ladies have to wear white? Is it a fashion statement of sorts for ghosts? Did they die wearing white? Or, is there some kind of dress code once you're a ghost? 

I do not know. But they are also described as long-haired women... Isn't this some sort of marginalized issue for short-haired women who died? Does this mean they could not haunt those who ailed them since they opted for cropped or bob?

Another thing to raise my curiosity is the fad of having little children as the objects of fear. Was it a trend a filmmaker made? I understand about phobia on clowns, dolls, insects and even wide spaces and yes, children but kids are often adorable if not cuddly!

Someone suggested that these things are reflections of other people's guilt. There are some folks who would get scared out of their wits when they see children standing on the hallway because they probably have histories of violence to kids. Their paranoia heightens when they could see children taking over!

Another point is the prejudice and humiliation some gave to persons they consider "ugly". The ugly ghosts are the representations of their guilt, the theory continues... It was even thought: Does it mean that Anne Curtis must have a gash on her face so to be scary? Again, isn't it a little bit biased on the beautiful ones? Meaning, they could not pass for ghosts because they do not look scary?

But then, I like the horror genre. It would always fascinate me when shrieks of terror would soundtrack in the cinema and check on my own pulse. For years of immersing myself to scary films, one thing is common: Once fear would evolve to anger, you would never be a victim.

A friend recommended The Conjuring. She told me that she wet her pants viewing the flick. But save for the intricate use of a seemingly hand-held camera, the plot and story failed to hold me. I guess Insidious is better since it bothered me... so with its sequel.

What really scares me most is the situations that could happen to us. The time when a criminal mind crosses our paths. For me, the flick to scare the wits out of me is David Fincher's "Seven". And the ghost story which made me leap from my seat is M. Night Shayamalan's "The Sixth Sense".

Well, the best time to be gripped by terror is through viewing the news.




No comments:

Post a Comment