Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I am Trash


                                                           (photo: pinoy-ofw.com)
I am a tree. Lots of politicians claim that they are environmentalists. In fact, they publish and report stories that they plant similar species like me. But look at what they've done - they are nailing on me and others their political campaign materials. They use wooden sticks, tarpaulin and papers which are so dirty to look at. I feel the pain every time they hammer me with their lies and propaganda thwarted as platforms.

I am a wall. My owners painted me to look dainty. But with the election season, the supporters of the candidates are irresponsibly pasting on me the faces of their bosses. Some of them are using Photoshop concealing the malice on their faces and others failed to cover the wrinkles of greed and selfishness. The industrial paste would become stains on me - lingering memories of broken friendships and family feuds.

I am a stage. I like to think that I am a very important part in the being and becoming of the community members. On me would be the programs staged for the common good. The artistic presentations happen on top of me which, I know, could develop the cultural sensitivity of the audience. But I really hate it when those liars use me. Their filthy intentions reek down to their shoes. During political rallies, they often hurl each other with insults and smear each candidate with the formulated gossips and the like.

I am a microphone. My purpose is to amplify the words of the speakers for the audience to hear. But with the forthcoming elections, I really dream of befriending different brands of mouthwash. For how could I endure the breaths of those who brainwash innocent people? How could I not long for a breath of fresh air when the usual words are given? How could I endure the spits coming from the mouths which have toxins that would eventually kill the dreams of the majority?

I am a pencil. I will be used during the polls. I pray that my lead will shade the right circles with the corresponding candidates. Even if I am only worth three pesos, my role is so great that the future billions of pesos and millions of Filipinos depend on the shades with the names beside them. I know that these are important things in shaping my country.

I am a voter. No amount of money could convince me to vote for someone who would hurt trees, scatter trash, intrude on private walls, stage lies, and give stupendous speeches!

I KNOW HOW TO USE MY PENCIL!

1 comment: